Want to wake up and smell the coffee? You need an under cabinet coffee maker.
Coffee makers are great appliances to have in your kitchen. They make a piping hot cup of your favorite coffee with little to no fuss and in a short space of time, giving you a spare few minutes in the morning. Plus, they can be pretty compact - making your life easier in the process.
However, these coffee makers can become a little difficult to store, especially if your kitchen is smaller and you’re struggling for counter space. But just because you may be tight on space, it does not mean that you don’t deserve a high-quality coffee maker to see you through your day!
That’s why we’ve compiled this list of our top picks for the best under cabinet coffee makers to save you space, worry, and time. They fit snugly below or inside your cabinets while still giving you all the room you need to make a delicious coffee.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, feel free to read our compiled list of top picks and a handy buyer’s guide that will point you in the right direction!
OUR TOP PICK
The Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker is one of our top picks for a space-saving coffee maker, and it’s very easy to see why.
Measuring in at an impressive 11.99 x 8.75 x 15.04 inches, this specialty coffee maker makes an impact. Designed with a black and stainless steel finish this under cabinet coffee maker is the ideal addition to your kitchen.
It has a timeless appearance that is both long-lasting and durable, and it is relatively compact, meaning you’ll be getting your money worthwhile saving some vital space in your kitchen.
A horizontal easy-to-remove water reservoir and useful coffee storage make the Ninja CM407 the ideal coffee maker to keep in your kitchen.
This product also comes with a removable filter basket that can be taken out without moving the coffee maker from underneath the cabinet!
Its user-friendly control panel lets you brew classic, rich, or concentrated coffee and even enjoy a fresh chilled brew over ice for a flavor-centric iced coffee that is never watered down.
The fold-away frother also allows you to steam hot or cold milk to a silky smooth froth, making for a delicious cappuccino.
In addition, a 10 cup thermal carafe has been added at your convenience.
Upon reviewing this product, we can verify that any coffee you make will remain hot and fresh for a longer period, so you can enjoy larger amounts in each brew.
This also helped to take away the burnt taste that we’ve found in other drip coffee machines. Overall, it’s a great machine for an excellent tasting cup of coffee.
Ninja also has other variations of this product available for you to purchase, including a 12-cup capacity.
So whether you prefer the simplicity of a foamy latte or an obscure coffeehouse-style drink, this product has got you covered.
- Thermal Carafe - Keeps your coffee heated and fresh for hours after you have brewed it.
- Easy to Use - This product is easy to navigate and helps you to brew many different types of coffee at the touch of a button. Generally, it’s extremely convenient - especially for the morning coffee rush!
- Removable Elements - The machine features a removable water reservoir and filter basket that makes maintaining cleanliness an absolute breeze.
- Price - This product is a couple of hundred dollars, and may not be a great solution if you’re on a budget. But if you’re serious about your daily coffee (in whatever form you prefer) then we’d recommend investing.
Practical, fast, and a great design make this Hamilton Beach under cabinet coffee maker another great addition to your kitchen.
This budget-friendly stainless steel coffee maker is both durable and long-lasting and guarantees a great-tasting cup of coffee every time.
Maintains freshly brewed flavor for the perfect cup of wake-up coffee. Plus, it has a 6-liter capacity and can brew up to 12 cups of coffee.
The Hamilton Beach 48465 coffee maker also comes with many brewing options, all at your convenience, including bold, regular, 1-4 cups, and iced coffee.
It is also programmable so you can prepare for your morning coffee without needing to stress on the day!
To summarize: it uses innovative technology that means it outwardly acts like a traditional drip coffee maker but holds the liquid in an internal tank.
Because of this, no carafe is needed! This means that there’s no hot plate to change the flavor of your coffee, and no risk of spillages or breakage!
During testing, we found this machine was one of the easiest under cabinet coffee makers to use.
To dispense the coffee into a cup, all we had to do was press the bar! However, you can only dispense water into one cup at a time which may be a hindrance if you’re in a rush, or you live with other people who all want coffee from the machine too. But if this is the case, there may be another product better suited to your needs!
Though it is slightly bigger than others measuring in at 11.03 x 8.19 x 15.16 inches. However, we felt that it had to be included on this list because of its incredible quality.
It also comes in three different colors for you to choose from, meaning you can customize it for your kitchen!
- High Brewing Capacity - This means that you can make large quantities of coffee in the exact way that you like. It’s a highly convenient feature and will save you time in the long run.
- Programmable Controls - Gives you full control over your machine at all times. Also allows for you to prepare and program for your favorite flavors over 24 hours before it is needed. This is a great feature for busy work mornings!
- Great Design - It is compact, easy-to-store, and comes in a durable yet elegant stainless steel design that is perfect for the most style-conscious individual.
- Material - You need to maintain interior cleanliness to prevent corrosion. This is a side effect of using stainless steel but can be easily combated using store-bought products and practical remedies.
Turn up the flavor of your daily coffee adventures with the Cuisinart 14 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker!
Not only is it budget-friendly, but it also features state-of-the-art technology that ensures a hotter, fresher cup of coffee without having to sacrifice quality or flavor.
As a result, you can control whether you’d prefer a bolder flavor, or prefer to stick to the flavors you know and love.
With this item, Cuisinart also guarantees anywhere from as little as 4 cups to 14 cups of coffee at your convenience.
A reusable gold-tone filter means brewing your next cup is made as easy as possible, while a charcoal water filter ensures a delicious taste. So you won’t have to stress about your morning coffee any longer!
In addition, this 7.75 x 9 x 14 inches coffee maker is completely 24-hour programmable. You can set it to self-clean, choose a 1-4 cup setting, or auto shutoff to save power. This is a great feature and helps to make the most out of your purchase.
If that wasn’t enough, you can also adjust the settings to maintain warm temperature control!
A stainless steel structure is not only visually appealing but also helps to guarantee the high quality that Cuisinart is renowned for. Its carafe includes a stainless steel accent on the handle for added style and durability which is especially useful when pouring.
One thing we enjoyed about testing this product was the backlit LCD screen. It is easy to read and features a tone that is activated when your coffee has finished brewing, making the whole process much easier.
The best part about this useful technology is that it can easily be turned on and off.
- Technology - The innovative technology in this coffee maker offers a fresh cup of coffee each time you brew.
- Brew Quantity - It provides between 4 and 14 cups of coffee per brew, depending on demand (and your personal preference). This is far higher than many under-cabinet coffee makers currently on the market!
- Programmable - Its technology can be programmed to brew at the most convenient times for you. Whether you prefer a higher amount of coffee in the morning or throughout the day, you can preset the timer to ensure a freshly brewed cup at all times.
- Rusting Heat Plate - If you excessively use the heat plate or don’t take adequate care of it, then it is likely to rust far quicker. You can prevent this by cleaning it frequently and even protecting it with a layer of rust-resistant paint.
This incredible single-serve coffee maker from Keurig is another one of our top picks, and for good reason!
A silver finish that compliments any kitchen and will add an element of style to your countertop.
And, not only is this coffee maker travel mug friendly, but it is also programmable up to 24 hours in advance, making your early morning coffee experience as easy as possible!
If that wasn’t enough, it features a 60 oz. single water reservoir that is shared between single-serve and carafe brewing, meaning you’ll have fewer refills!
Its use of ground coffee and K-Cup pods also means that you can brew a much stronger, more intense cup of coffee with this innovative coffee maker.
The versatility of being able to make either a single cup or a whole pout using this machine makes this coffee maker stand out.
A glass carafe also features a heating plate and a metallic handle that are both great for maintaining the heat of your coffee.
We were highly impressed by the pause and pour feature included with this coffee maker.
We were able to pause the machine mid-brew instead of having to wait for the entire carafe to heat up, which saved us a lot more time during this process than other similar machines.
The coffee was fresh and piping hot, too, which is a bonus. We also really liked the efficient auto-turn-off feature for the heating plate and the brewer.
Overall, for an easy-to-operate, efficient coffee maker that helps to save space, we’d recommend looking towards this K-Duo Special Edition Single Serve coffee maker!
- Smart Start - The coffee maker heats up and brews coffee in a single process. You don’t have to wait for the entire machine to heat up before choosing your cup size.
- Easily Programmable - You can alter the settings to automatically brew the carafe in your machine up to 24 hours before you need your coffee.
- 12 Cup Glass Carafe - Lots of cup sizes to choose from at your convenience. It also comes with a heating plate to maintain the heat of your coffee for as long as you need it.
- More Frequent Descaling Required - You may find that you’ll have to descale your machine more frequently (once every fortnight) rather than the average of once a month. Although this will depend entirely on the amount of coffee that you brew.
This single-cup coffee maker comes with a far more budget-friendly price tag than others on this list. And measurements of 7.4" x 4.3" x 9.06" means it makes for the perfect compact structure for even the smallest space in your home.
It has been designed to work with any style or brand of the coffee pod which is extremely convenient if you enjoy a particular brand of pods.
Plus, this makes a morning or afternoon pick-me-up coffee drinking experience easier than ever before!
Chulux has also manufactured this coffee maker with a 12-ounce built-in water reservoir which helps to brew a cup of coffee in under 3 minutes.
A removable drip tray makes the general cleaning process of the entire machine very easy which comes at your convenience. No more having to scrub coffee grounds away!
We found that the auto shut-off feature installed into the product was extremely handy.
The coffee maker itself is easy to use and compactly engineered, featuring a single on/off button instead of a series of complicated programmable settings. This was much easier to navigate. In addition, this on/off switch doubles as a brew button.
If that wasn’t enough, an auto shut-off feature ensures your safety as you brew! So you won’t have to worry if you forget to turn your coffee maker off.
This coffee maker also comes in several different colors so you can customize it according to your current interior decor! Now that is convenient.
- Auto Shut Off - Guarantees your safety, and gives you peace of mind. A blue light will flash during the heating process and turn off afterward, so you know when the machine is done.
- Space Saving - It is an extremely compact coffee maker, and is the perfect choice to fit under any cabinet.
- Easy to Clean - Removable sections mean this coffee maker is easy to clean between uses, so you can ensure a great-tasting brew each time you use it.
- No Filter Included - The product does not come with a reusable filter or any capsules. These will have to be purchased separately. The great news is that these items won’t set you back very much money, and can easily be bought online or in-store.
Best Under Cabinet Coffee Makers To Save Space Buying Guide
There are so many coffee makers available that have been designed to fit in smaller spaces, so we understand that it can be stressful trying to narrow down your choices.
Hopefully, this buyer’s guide will give you more of an idea of the features you should look out for.
The size (length, width, and height) of your under cabinet coffee maker is extremely important. It determines whether your item can fit under a counter or a cabinet, and may even determine the layout of the rest of your kitchen.
Smaller machines may have a smaller capacity to make the perfect tasting brew but the chances are not everyone living in your home will want to use it or drink coffee!
Affordability is a big factor that you need to think about. Staying within a set budget will not only help to filter down your options so you don’t have to trawl through thousands of options but will also keep you focused on your search.
Just keep in mind that with a lower budget you may not be able to purchase your ideal product (practically and aesthetically). You may find that you need to negotiate with your budget to get some advanced features.
But if you are planning to make coffee for a larger group of people each day, the brewing capacity of your coffee machine is vital!
If this is the case you should opt for a drip coffee maker that offers anywhere between 10-14 cups of coffee per brew. However, you do have the option to choose a smaller machine that makes 4 to 6 cups per brew, which is perfect for smaller families and households.
These machines include French presses, pod-based machines, and pour-overs.
Ease Of Installation
Usually, these particular coffee makers will be fastened to one spot of the kitchen and will rarely move about.
If you do intend to fasten the coffee maker under your cabinet, it’s a good idea to ensure it comes with easy installation - meaning you have the tools and equipment to do so at home.
This does depend on personal preference, but we’d recommend looking for an under cabinet coffee maker that is simple, straight to the point, and gets the job done.
You may find particular models and brands to be more visually appealing, but these tend to be much bulkier and more difficult to conceal.
You also need to look for a coffee machine that gets the job done, rather than seeking out an all singing all dancing product just for the sake of it.
There are other features you should think about. For example, if you want a coffee machine with an auto shut-off function then you need to filter your search to cater to this preference.
A large majority of smaller coffee makers such as the ones mentioned on this list have advanced features that will help you to make the perfect brew each time.
To Carafe Or Not To Carafe?
Coffee pots, or carafes, usually come with drip coffee makers. But in recent years, other variations of the coffee maker have adapted this.
Essentially, a carafe is where the coffee is directly brewed into. It keeps your coffee hot between brews, meaning you can make anywhere from a single-serve cup to multiple cups from one single pot of coffee.
From thermal to glass, there are different variations of a carafe designed to suit your individual caffeine consumption needs.
And while there are many advantages to purchasing an under cabinet coffee maker with a carafe, it isn’t an essential part of the coffee-making process.
Although it will help you to make a cleaner, more authentic tasting brew each time (without the typical “burnt” taste found in drip coffee machines).
The material of your coffee machine is another factor that can greatly impact its durability. Simple “one button” machines are simple in design yet are often made from cheaper materials including plastic and glass.
This is a great choice if you’re on a budget, and looking for a machine that simply gets the job done without the addition of more complex features.
Stainless steel coffee makers on the other hand are much stronger and will come with a higher price tag. These can last you years if you properly care for them and clean them thoroughly (both internally and externally).
The majority of the time, these under cabinet coffee makers feature more complex, innovative technology such as auto shut off and programmable functions that enable you to prepare a brew over a day before it is made.
This makes them a great choice for early morning starts when you may lack the energy to make your cup.
Best Under Cabinet Coffee Makers To Save Space - FAQ's
Can Steam From The Coffee Maker Affect Your Cabinets?
The simple answer is yes, but not to a massive extent. Excess moisture may begin to bead on the surface of your cabinet which may be a sign of excess steam and heat. But this is easily cleaned! Wipe clean with a towel to absorb the liquid.
What Is Descaling?
This refers to the process of removing mineral residue that can build up in an electric coffee maker.
The buildup (also known as scale) can cause issues, especially if the machine does not get hot enough or stops working.
You could use vinegar and warm soapy water to successfully descale your machine or simply buy a product to do the job for you.
Why Opt For A Space-Saving Coffee Maker?
Not only are they visually appealing, but they take up far less space than your typical coffee maker. They can be placed wherever you need them and can be moved according to your demands.
These coffee makers also require less effort to use, install and operate - meaning your coffee-making experience will be made much easier.
This concludes our top five picks for the best under cabinet coffee makers to save space. If saving space without sacrificing the quality of your brew is important to you, we hope this article has helped to narrow down your options.
All the under cabinet coffee makers listed above are convenient, especially for use in small spaces, and are also great for those who prefer a cleaner and more sophisticated look for their countertops.
- 15 Strongest Starbucks Drinks (Ranked By Caffeine) - January 28, 2022
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Signature Latte Recipe (Copycat Recipe) - January 28, 2022
- How Much Caffeine Is In A Cup Of Coffee? - January 28, 2022