Normally, like with any hot drink, you should drink it straight away. However, depending on the circumstances, that isn’t always possible.
You need to make a lot of coffee, but it all needs to stay hot for a while, due to a business meeting, for example. As a result, to keep your coffee hot for a long time, you need to store your freshly brewed coffee in a coffee carafe.
A carafe is insulated, therefore will keep your coffee hot for much longer. It is much better than a hot plate as well. Hence, we have put together a list of the best coffee carafes that you can get your hands on right now.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
The Cresimo 68oz stainless steel thermal coffee carafe, is one of the most popular carafes on the market right now. It has a simple look and could be mistaken for any other carafe. However, its exterior thermal properties are what make this carafe so good.
Through our tests, we discovered that the Cresimo double-walled thermal design kept the exterior shell cold to the touch, but the contents inside remained hot. Therefore, you can easily pick up and touch this carafe, without fear of burning yourself.
Cresimo uses vacuum insulation technology, which locks in the temperature. Which then keeps your beverages hot for up to 12 hours or cold for up to 24 hours. The carafe is made of durable stainless steel, with easy one-handed pouring.
This is a simple and easy coffee carafe to use. The large mouth opening makes it easy to clean and fill up. No wonder it is one of the most popular carafes on the market.
- Double Layered Design - The double-layered design, allows you to easily and safely touch the carafe, even when it is filled with hot contents.
- Durable - Made from stainless steel, this carafe can handle whatever is thrown at it.
- Time - The Cresimo carafe can keep your contents, whether they are hot or cold, at their temperature for 12 hours (hot) or 24 hours (cold).
- Warranty - This product comes with a one-year warranty.
- Lid - Some customers have noted having minor issues with the lid of their carafe. They have said that over time the lid began to retain the coffee. While others have mentioned that the lid has been difficult to remove, to clean the carafe properly.
Also available to purchase at Cresimo
The PYKAL 68 oz thermal coffee carafe, is double-walled and vacuum insulated, to help keep your coffee hot.
We did discover through our research that the heat that is retained, does depend on how full you fill the carafe and how hot the coffee is when it goes into the carafe.
This coffee carafe is made from heavy-duty stainless steel, which is durable and lasts you years. This carafe is completely plastic-free, as the lid is made with metal and silicon. You can even adjust the tightness of the lid.
Overall, we found the PYKAL easy to pour thanks to the funnel spout design. Also, the carafe can be difficult to clean, however with the PYKAL carafe, a cleaning brush comes included. This then makes cleaning this carafe a lot easier.
- Stainless steel - This carafe is made with heavy-duty and durable stainless steel. This results in a carafe that will last you years.
- Free Cleaning Brush - The PYKAL carafe comes with a free cleaning brush. This will help you to clean your carafe a lot easier.
- Plastic Free - This is one of the first completely plastic-free carafes. The lid is made from metal and silicon. Thus, this is a more eco-friendly carafe as no plastic is used on this product.
- Warranty - This product comes with a 2-year warranty, in case anything goes wrong with the product.
- Heat Retention Varies - To get maximum heat retention, you must fill this carafe to the top. However, if you sip on the coffee during the day or don’t fill it to the top, then the heat retention time frame decreases.
The GiNT stainless steel thermal coffee carafe is another double-walled stainless steel carafe that uses vacuum insulation. This carafe will keep your drinks hot for up to 8 hours, or cold for up to 20 hours.
This carafe is slightly smaller than other models on our list, as it can only hold up to 34 oz. Hence, it is perfect for smaller occasions or work meetings.
It is also a great size to take while traveling. Yet it has an extra-wide opening, which makes cleaning or adding ice cubes easy.
GiNT claims that this carafe is leakproof, from our experience with this carafe, we can claim that this carafe didn’t leak once. This carafe has a leak-proof lid, and a simple button enables single-handed pouring.
- Leak-Proof Lid - The GiNT coffee carafe has been designed with a leak-proof lid. Therefore, you can be assured that this carafe won’t leak when pouring it.
- Traveling Size - Compared to the other carafes on our list, this one is slightly smaller. However, this smaller size makes it perfect to take with you traveling. Or when you have a small gathering, but still want plenty of coffee on hand.
- Heat Retention - This carafe will keep your hot beverages hot for up to 8 hours, and keep your cold beverages cold for up to 20 hours.
- Pour-through Top - The top of this carafe cannot be taken off or apart when you want to clean it. Quite a few customers have been found to have the same issues. The residue from the previous beverage remains in the lid, and you cannot properly clean it. This isn’t a huge problem, but it is a slight design flaw when you want to fully clean the carafe out.
The 68 oz coffee carafe, from Vondior, can keep your hot beverages hot for up to 12 hours and your cold beverages cold for up to 24 hours. This is thanks to its S201 vacuum insulation double wall design.
When the lid is closed, this locks in the heat and aroma of your drink. Thus, the Vondior will keep your beverage hot throughout the day. From our research, this carafe keeps the heat in well and your coffee will taste as if it was just brewed.
Everyone loves a good hot drink, whether that is tea, coffee, or even hot chocolate. This carafe will keep them all hot all day long. A free brush is given at purchase of this product, which will help clean this product a breeze.
Made from durable stainless steel, you can rely upon this carafe. However, if you aren’t satisfied with this product, Vondior does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Heat Retention - Customers have praised how well this product keeps their drinks hot. Hot drinks will stay hot for up to 12 hours, and cold drinks will stay cold for up to 24 hours.
- Price - For how much liquid this carafe can hold, the product is very reasonably priced. It is very affordable, so anyone can buy it. Yet it is still good quality.
- Leak-Free - From our research, we discovered that the lid is leakproof. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about any leaking when pouring from this carafe.
- Small Spout - Some customers didn’t like the small spout that comes with this carafe. For others, this wasn’t a huge concern, but it was something that worried the customers. As the small spout could make pouring difficult.
Also available to purchase at Vondior
The coffee carafe from TOMAKEIT is a different kind of carafe than we have previously mentioned in this article. This carafe has a slightly different design, as it can hold a lot more liquid.
This double-walled, vacuum-insulated carafe uses a lever action to dispense the beverages. Just press down on the lever at the top of the carafe and the beverage will pour out.
This carafe is made from durable stainless steel, which locks in the temperature, either hot or cold, for up to 20 hours. We discovered this carafe has a multipurpose design, the swivel base, makes this carafe perfect for self-service from any angle.
This carafe is ideal for catered events, self-service stations, churches, or concession stands. It can contain up to 102 oz of liquid, making it one of the larger carafes you can get your hands on.
- Large Capacity - This carafe can contain up to 3 liters/ 102 oz of liquids, whether that is hot or cold. This is one of the largest carafes you can buy. Therefore, making it ideal for very large events or occasions.
- Self-Service Feature - The base of this carafe swivels, making it easy to use from any angle. Thus, ideal for any self-service occasion.
- Stainless Steel - Made from stainless steel, which makes this carafe durable. However, stainless steel helps retain the temperature of the beverage for longer.
- Flimsy Leaver - Some customers have claimed that even though the leaver works, as the leaver is only made from thin plastic, it feels a little flimsy. They wished the leaver was made from a much more durable material.
The Hastings Collective Thermal Coffee Carafe can hold up to 68 oz of liquid. This product can keep any drink hot or cold for hours so that they taste as if they have just been brewed.
Not only can this carafe keep your beverages hot, but you brew directly into this product. This is because this carafe comes with a strainer and filter for tea and coffee. As a result, you can brew straight into your carafe, which then saves up on washing up.
This carafe uses a single spout opening and a push-button top. Like all carafes, this is a double-walled carafe, which helps it retain its temperature.
The Hastings Collective carafe might be made from your typical stainless steel, yet it looks stylish and really attractive. The wooden handle is easy and comfortable to use when pouring.
- Appearance - This carafe has a very sleek yet stylish look. It looks very attractive, due to its very modern design.
- Easy to Pour - A wooden handle is easy and comfortable to use. The wooden handle doesn’t get hot and feels smooth in your hand.
- Brew Directly - We found that what makes this carafe so different from the others, is that you can brew directly into the carafe. This product comes with a strainer and filter, so you can brew your tea or coffee straight into the carafe.
- Price - This is one of the more expensive products on our list. Hence, the price is on the upper end of the market.
Also available to purchase at Hastings Collective
A coffee carafe is a great thing to have, especially when you are expecting a large crowd, or having a large meeting. You will commonly see them at large events, or during a business meeting. They are a great way to provide refreshments that will stay hot or cold for a long time.
Carafes are typically associated with hot beverages such as tea or coffee. However, on a hot day, they are useful for keeping water cold. Yet, when it comes to buying a carafe there are a couple of things that you need to consider so that you buy the perfect carafe for you and your occasion.
Below, we have created the perfect guide for buying a carafe. We will go through a couple of points that you need to have in the back of your mind when purchasing your own carafe.
Size is quite important, as you don’t want to buy a carafe that is too big for your purpose or too small. You want to make sure that the carafe that you are buying will accommodate everyone who may want a hot drink.
As a result, one of the first things you need to ask yourself is how much coffee does your carafe need to hold. The answer may differ depending on the purpose of the carafe. Some people have a personal carafe that they use throughout the day. While for other people, their carafe is used for multiple people throughout the day.
You want a carafe that will keep you going with your coffee fix throughout the day. If you are looking into buying a personal carafe, because your work doesn't have a convenient kitchen, then you also need to think about portability.
For single-person use, you don’t need a huge carafe, and you want to be careful how much caffeine you are consuming a day.
However, if the carafe is going to keep a group of coffee lovers happy, then you may need a larger carafe than one for just one person.
It is worth noting that larger carafes require a trolley to be able to transport them from the kitchen wherever the coffee is being served.
However, typically any carafe can be placed on a countertop or table with ease. With that being said, the larger the carafe, the heavier it is going to be, especially when it is filled with coffee.
Keeping Your Coffee Hot
The main reason you buy a carafe is to keep your coffee hot. However, you do need to research how long beverages will remain hot in your chosen carafe, so as not to be disappointed.
Most of the carafes that we have mentioned will keep your coffee hot for up to 12 hours. Yet this can be varying degrees of success. Some carafes don’t keep their heat retention as well when they aren’t completely full of liquid. Therefore, this is something that you will need to research when you are looking into buying a coffee carafe.
This is probably the dullest part of any carafe, but you need to make sure that you can clean your carafe easily. Maybe, you don’t think it is necessary. However, if you plan to drink various beverages from your carafe, not just coffee, then you will need to be able to clean it.
Unfortunately, not all carafes are easy to clean. This is because the manufacturers have worked so hard to keep the carafe as insulated as possible, so your beverages will stay as hot or cold as possible. Thus, these features can then make cleaning your carafe a little tricky.
A carafe with a wide mouth is much easier to clean. However, they can sometimes not hold the heat as well as narrow mouth carafes. Although narrow mouth carafes might keep the heat in better, they are tricker to clean well.
Some carafes will come with a cleaning brush that will help you clean your carafe well. There are some tricks and hacks out there that can help you when it comes to cleaning your carafe.
However, ultimately you want to buy a carafe that keeps its heat well and isn't too difficult to clean.
Anything to do with coffee is known to sometimes have a heavy price tag on them. Yet carafes are probably some of the more reasonable pieces of coffee equipment out there.
There is a wide range of what you are expected to pay for a coffee carafe. However, we have given you carafes on all sides of the price spectrum.
A higher price doesn't always mean better quality. Some of the more affordable options are much better quality than some of the higher-end models.
As a result, always do your research and don’t be swayed by the price tag that you see.
In this article, we have given you the best coffee carafes that you can buy right now. All of these carafes will keep your coffee hotter for longer, so you can enjoy that caffeine hit throughout the day.
There are lots on the market, so it can be overwhelming knowing where to start looking, yet we have given you the best ones you can buy. Therefore, there is no reason now to go throughout the day without a hot coffee by your side.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is Better: Glass or Stainless Steel Coffee Carafes?
We would suggest that a stainless steel carafe is much more reliable than a glass carafe. This is for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that stainless steel helps retain the heat of the beverage a lot better than glass, which means your coffee will stay hotter for longer.
Also, stainless steel is a much more reliable and durable material. Glass can easily shatter if dropped, but stainless steel is much more durable and sturdy. It won’t break as easily. We have found that stainless steel carafes last a lot longer than glass carafes.
How Long Will Coffee Stay Hot In A Carafe?
This can differ depending on the model that you are using. However, on average we found that most carafes can keep their heat for a few hours at top temperature, they then may begin to slowly drop in temperature. However, your coffee will still remain hot.
Depending on the model of the carafe, your coffee could stay hot for between 6 and 12 hours in your carafe.
How Do You Wash A Coffee Carafe?
There are multiple ways to wash a coffee carafe, having the right brush that can reach the bottom of the carafe will help you out a lot. Try rinsing out the carafe with hot water and dish soap. Using your brush, scrub the carafe all over and rinse the soapy water out.
To help to keep your carafe looking sparkly clean, you should try to regularly clean your carafe. If your carafe needs a more thorough cleaning, then we suggest try using:
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Baking Soda
- Vinegar and Salt
- Vinegar and Water
However, if you keep on top of your carafe cleaning, then it shouldn't need a thorough cleaning.
- 15 Strongest Starbucks Drinks (Ranked By Caffeine) - January 28, 2022
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Signature Latte Recipe (Copycat Recipe) - January 28, 2022
- How Much Caffeine Is In A Cup Of Coffee? - January 28, 2022