There is nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate, especially on a cold and icy night. And while we associate these flavors with crackling fires and snowfall, this does not mean that they are limited to the winter season.
In fact, you can enjoy a delicious chocolatey drink year-round.
These days, Dunkin Donuts are infamous for their frozen chocolate drinks, which pack all the ingredients of hot chocolate into a cold and summer-ready beverage.
So if you want to know how you can make one of these amazing drinks yourself, then you have come to the right place.
In the following article, we are going to teach you how to make your own Dunkin Donuts frozen chocolate, so that you can whip one up from the comfort of your home. We will also outline the ingredients you will need and how to approach making the drink yourself.
So if you want something cool and sweet to suck on, this article has everything you need to get started…
How To Make Frozen Chocolate?
When it comes to hot chocolate, the drink can sometimes be conflated with chocolate milk, even though the two beverages are completely different.
While chocolate milk usually relies on chocolate powder or syrup to get its sweetness, a good cup of hot chocolate uses real chocolate that has been melted into warm milk, creating a rich and frothy drink that you can enjoy while relaxing on the couch.
And while working with chocolate can be fun, you need to make sure that you are using the right one, especially when it comes to making your own frozen drink from scratch.
So to start making your frozen chocolate, you need to purchase some baker’s chocolate, as we find this is the most effective way to make the beverage. Not only is this chocolate delicious, but it can be used to make truffles and other treats.
However, one of the best things about this ingredient is that it can be purchased in several different varieties, which include white, semi-sweet and dark.
And while each one promises to produce a tasty drink, we personally recommend using semi-sweet for that authentic Dunkin Donuts flavor. But the decision is yours to make.
To give the drink a rustic and authentic feel, you will also need to add some raw brown sugar, as this will help to enhance the overall sweetness.
For the best results, we also recommend adding a sprinkle of cinnamon, as that helps to give the final product a more homey and authentic taste. Other than that, you will also need milk, ice and whipped cream, which can all be swapped for vegan alternatives.
Just finish everything off with a squirt of cream and some chocolate shavings and you basically have a hug in a cup.
So now that you understand the basics, let’s take a look at the actual recipe…
Dunkin Donuts Frozen Chocolate Recipe
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:||Serving Size:||Energy:|
|15 mins||5 mins||20 mins||2 people||721 calories|
- Semi-sweet baker’s chocolate (2 oz + garnish)
- Chocolate milk powder (2 tsp)
- Raw brown sugar (2 tsp)
- Cinnamon powder (½ tsp)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Ice (2 cups)
- Whipped cream (4 tbsp)
- Take the baker’s chocolate and crush it into a small bowl before placing it in the microwave. Melt the chocolate using ten-second bursts until the mixture runs smooth.
- When the chocolate has melted, add the chocolate powder, sugar and cinnamon – mix well until all the ingredients have been combined.
- Start adding in the milk while gently whisking the mixture, do this until both the milk and chocolate have been fully incorporated.
- Once you have finished, let the mixture cool down by leaving it to rest on the counter for a few minutes.
- When the mixture has cooled, add it to a blender with ice and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the drink into a glass and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, then sit back and enjoy.
And there we have it, that is how you make your own Dunkin Donuts frozen chocolate. We hope that you found this recipe helpful and that you will refer to it the next time you have a craving for something cold and chocolatey.
- 15 Strongest Starbucks Drinks (Ranked By Caffeine) - January 28, 2022
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Signature Latte Recipe (Copycat Recipe) - January 28, 2022
- How Much Caffeine Is In A Cup Of Coffee? - January 28, 2022